1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Goodyear

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dave1250, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

I found at Sam what I think will make good plow tires . They are Goodyear Silent Armor LT 245/75K 16E for 170.00 with 50.00 off or { rebate } per tire has anyone tried these tire`s ? I used to use GSA Goodyear but these are 10 ply . Let me know what you think. Thanks

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Reviews are mixed on the Silent Armors. Longevity seems to be an issue.

3. the eggman

the eggman Member
    from ohio

i run those tires and i love them
    a buddy hocked me up with 4 for a $400
    they come with a good warranty :redbounce

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I use them, there awesome. A bit pricey, but I also get the raised white letter. They also don't last as long as I would like, but I leave them on year round too. I am running BF All terrain right now, but I have my new set downstairs already to go when these are ready to retire.

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thats an awesome deal, I paid wholesale price at $580 for all 4 thru a commercial truck tire guy I know. The stores wanted $720.

6. the eggman

the eggman Member
    from ohio

you will like the tires, did you get a warranty ?
    lucky, i have a friend that runs a local Goodyear

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

I know who to call for my next set! Yeah I got a warranty with roadside and hazard protection. They'll send out a truck with a new tire and all that jazz. Bandag or whatever there called is part of the network.

8. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Those tires are awesome in the snow. They suck for summer wear! Thought I would never buy them again but is that nation wide with the rebate? for that pric they are worth it. They start to cup so bad that I went back to the goodyear store to see if I had bad tires? They insisted I was locking up the tires braking. Nice try. I might have a dodge diesel and its heavy in the front but I don't drive like a donkey. (ass) I got about 30K miles down to the wires though. But for 120 a tire you can't go wrong. O ya is that the outlined white lettering a t sams? Thats a must for me to. Don't ask....

9. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

On this subject I've yet to find any tire that wears like steel and works great in the winter. Any body go through all makes/models and finally figure it out?

10. StormRanger

StormRanger Member
    from NorEast

I was looking into them, but changed my mind after seeing the mileage they're getting out of them

11. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

I just pulled a set of those silent armors off of my truck. 55,000 miles and they wore evenly. 2500 dodge with the cummins.

12. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

BTW Dave, that is a $50.00 mail in rebate when you purchase 4. Good through Nov. 30. In that case I would think about it.