1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Goodyear Wrangler MT/R LT255/70R16

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by LB1234, Dec 30, 2010.

1. LB1234

LB1234 Member

I have four Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Mud/Snow tires for sale. They are LT255/70R16 tires on plain steel rims that came off of my 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD truck that I recently sold and obviously no longer have a use for. The were originally on my GMC sierra 1500 back in 2003 but I had the rims swapped out. I want to make a note that these tires are only rated for load range C. I only used them during the winter months (as you can see from the tread wear..or lack thereof) and only used them for plowing/salting. The tires were fine with the plow, salter, and salt box that held about 1200# of salt/sand. I also want to point out that the rims (hard to tell in the pics I'm going to attach) are starting to show some rust. These are excellent tires for snow plowing and allowed me to plow in 2WD most of the time due to the traction.

I'm asking $620 for the set of four tires. I figured the tires are worth $120 a piece and the rims are worth $35 a piece. I'm not really interested in shipping b/c I beleive they will be difficult at best to ship through UPS.

I'm also would be interested in trades for mud/snow tires for my 2010 F350 diesel with 18" rims. Mud/Snow tires and/or spare rims that would fit my new F350 only...not interested in other trades.

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

waiting for pics

3. LB1234

LB1234 Member

4. LB1234

LB1234 Member

back to the top we go

5. LB1234

LB1234 Member

to the top. would really like to sell to open up more space. I'll listen to any reasonable offers

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

not to be a bad guy but those look worn past 1/2 tread. i use to mount/balence those tires at the shop i worked at.

for the economy and the tires if you want gone got to price to move fast.

7. THEGOLDPRO

yea i didnt wanna say anything but i just put these same tires on my red dodge this year and brand new thay have like 2.5 inches of thread dept, these look to be about 20-30% tread left maybe less.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  8. LB1234

LB1234 Member

funny, i don't ever remember them being 2.5"...could be wrong, but don't ever remember them being THAT much. maybe 1.5", but I really doubt 2.5"

Even so I believe these tires new are around 200 bucks a tire and the rims were around 75 new (going off of memory). I definately had over a grand invested in these. Appreciate the response, if they are overpriced then so be it. I'm only asking for a reasonable offer, I'm not looking to get rich. We have to start somewhere with the pricing.

9. sweetk30

and thay are disc now no longer made.

but good luck .

10. LB1234

LB1234 Member

thx

worse case i'll scrap the tires ant try and sell the rims

11. sweetk30

craigslist is fast at sellin tires i think. try there also.

12. THEGOLDPRO

i dont know the exact number i was just quessing, i was just saying new they are beefy with tons of meat on them,, and the tires you have here yours look to be maybe 20% tread left. i honestly dont care what you sell them for im just letting you know the condition they are in.

13. LB1234

LB1234 Member

thx for the input

14. LB1234

LB1234 Member

back to the top....would like to sell. accepting all offers within reason. taking up to much space.

15. LB1234

LB1234 Member

Sale pending on tires. Rims available for $200.

16. LB1234

LB1234 Member

tires sold. Rim sale pending