1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Goodyear Authority Tire

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jeffcof150, Sep 1, 2012.

1. jeffcof150

jeffcof150 Junior Member

Anyone use these tires yet, saw them online and they look great but I have read mixed reviews on some four wheeler and jeep mags. wondering how they do in snow. I have mastercrafts now and loved them but time to replace them.

2. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Isnt that the line made for Wal-mart?

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

From my experience if your looking for a good plowing tire you want narrow & tall, I like a 235/75 R 16 on my pickups. It increases the psi to the pavement giving you additional traction. The problem is running them year round they burn up quick, rarely do I get 20k on them. In an ideal world I would run two sets of tires, with the summer tire being closer to a stock or slightly wider than stock.

4. jeffcof150

jeffcof150 Junior Member

yes they are the walmart tire. they look pretty aggresive and are supposed to be a generic duratrac tire which i hear good things about.

5. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Some claim that they are not the same construction as the regular Goodyears, have heard of hard to balance and other issues.
    Makes sense as the Samsung T.V. at Wal-Mart is not he same at Best Buy etc. That is why they are so much less expensive.
    On the other hand, I have friend that has them and they have been good for him.

6. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

The Goodyear wrangler authoritys are a good tire. I had them on my 97 1/2 ton and my 07 3/4 ton plow trucks and they did great in the snow.