1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Goodman Snow Plowing

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by born2farm, Dec 13, 2009.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Well here is my thread ill get started. My equipment lineup is not much, but the quad alone pulled me in a $1000 storm last year with basically now overhead. The quad is payed off and all I have put into it this year is the winch so if I make 200bucks plus salt and fuel costs ill be set. Yes I do need a truck and plan to add one next year. Oh and the mower was the first plow I bought myself. Paid $400 for it and it has paid for itself several times. It is nicknamed the redneck rid ever since I smashed the hood dropping it out of the back of a truck.

100_0289.jpg

100_0290.jpg

100_0291.jpg

2. born2farm

I try to take pride in what equipment I have so I repainted both plows this year and wash everything as soon as it gets home from plowing.

3. born2farm

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Looks good Brock!!!! We all started somewhere and you are off to a good one!!! :drinkup:

5. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

the mower wouldnt b so bad if you found a nice replacement hood for it. other then that nice set up

6. iamhere

iamhere Senior Member
    from Tn

The new hoods for the lx176 run around $105 and up. I have a Lx172 and the Lx 170's all use the same hood and that's what I was quoted. If it's not bad just cover the holes with duct tape and spray it with JD paint. You wont notice it until you're about a foot away and it works pretty well (I haven't done it but I know about four people who have). If it is worse than a few holes then go and get a new hood.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I've thought about a blower or plow for my Husqvarna.....

8. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet machines. I see in your sig you now have a trailer so there wont be anymore accidental droppings. :nono: ;)

9. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looking good Brock.

10. teamgreendude

teamgreendude Senior Member

what happened to the f-350 you got ?

11. born2farm

Thanks for the compliments guys. I know it is not much but the quad brings me in some decent money and for some of the drives I do I would take it over a quad any day. I still have the f350 just havnt got it running yet. It is a little big for what I need now so I havnt done anything with it.

12. ProLawn Outdoor

ProLawn Outdoor Senior Member

Nice set-up, I would love a quad for some of the alley driveways I do. Those things are nice for
    the smaller areas, still can't beat the comfort of a cab at 5 in the morning though! Good luck this year!

13. born2farm

Ya like I said I would not give this up for a truck on SOME of my drives. The biggest problem about a quad is some customers are hesitant to hire you untill they see the job you can do.

14. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

When I hear goodman I cant help but think:

white goodman.jpg

15. born2farm

Well here are a couple pictures of some more equipment. The John Deere 318 is what I first started plowing with that got me hooked! I still use it as a backup but I took it over to my younger cousins to play with...who knows I might get a future employee out of it. The truck is my dads 2006 Ford F250 with 8'2" Boss V, I guess you could consider him one of my subs because he takes on most of the work that I cant handle. The last is the snow blower that I just bought in anticipation for this weekends storm.ussmileyflag

038.jpg

039.jpg

041.jpg

16. thesnowman269

lookin good man

17. born2farm

18. thesnowman269

What happened to the F-350 you got?

19. born2farm

I still have it..actually it is possibly sold. After I bought it I realized that it was going to be way to big for what I plow and that I was better off to save towards something that will make me more money.

20. thesnowman269

Ya thats a pretty big truck.