1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Goodbye

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RidgeCon, Nov 14, 2005.

1. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

After 17 years of plowing snow we finally decided to call it quits this year. I have sold off all my snow gear ( except my personal plow) and got rid of all contracts. Feels really weird not to be thinking about getting ready etc. Price of everything and customers wanting stuff for nothing has gotten to me. Best of luck to all of you out there this year. I will think of you while I pull the covers up over my head on "those" nights. The wife and I are atually going to go away this year. She is happy.:drinkup: :waving:

2. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Member

Good luck and happy trails!!:drinkup:

3. gpin

gpin Senior Member

RidgeCon, I'm with you....soon, after 22 yrs. I have let 8 accounts go due to slow pay or they have a lower bid. I let go 6 last year, sold 1 truck and made more money. Down to 2 trucks this yr and 1 sub, 5hrs of workk/avg storm.

Best of luck and enjoy your well deserved vacation this winter.

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

this is my first year with our own contracts so were really gunghoe about it but have fun i know youve p[lowed your share of flakes

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Hate to hear somebody is quitting but for everyone getting out of the business, there are 5 guys getting into it :cry:

6. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

I swear that every year will be my last. I'm a Union guy and the long term benefits are much better working then plowing. So here's to one more year.:drinkup:

7. DaveOhio

DaveOhio Member

take it easy.

Congratulations Chris. Best of luck to you and the Mrs.

Dave

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Best of luck to you..:drinkup: