1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Goodbye to plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dfdsuperduty, Oct 31, 2011.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

As I sold my truck today it was not without some regrets however due to some personal reasons I needed to move on. I would like to say thank you to everyone that has given me even a small amount of advice. The group of guys on here is by far one of the most knowledgeable and professional groups that I have ever had the opportunity to talk to. I will always have the respect for the snow fighters that battle whatever winter throws at them no matter what time of day or night, holiday, birthday, anniversary etc... . I still hope I can meet with some of you at the meet and greats and that I will be accepted in this circle of guys. So stay safe and good luck to all. :salute::cry::drinkup::waving:

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Good luck in the future.

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Sorry to hear it. Hope everything works out for you. Really, I can't wait for the day I get to type the words..." I'm done."Thumbs Up

4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Isn't that funny, I say every spring that this was my last winter plowing, then every fall I still call my subs to see if they want to plow this next season! One day, I too will say GOODBYE to plowing.

5. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I don't mind plowing snow. You can make a lot of money and its hard on your trucks and equipment. Yeah the hours can suck esp on Holidays.

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I know a guy who plowed for 42 years, loved every minute of it and yet doesn't miss it at all. Love Hate I guess. Good luck.

7. billyd

billyd Member

haha i've only been doing it for 15 years this season.. and i think every spring i say i'm moving to florida.. but here i still am prepping for another winter... Good luck to saying no to snow...

8. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Good luck with your future endeavors. I too am out after 25 years and I gotta say this past storm 10/29, 7", I didnt miss it one bit. I love to plow, but like was said earlier, its a love / hate. :salute:

9. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

damn....you had a nice rig....nicer than mine...it was QUIET...

good luck man...

10. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Thanks guys for the kind words.... as I drove home from work today it seemed like I must have seen about 12-15 pickups with plows and 2 state trucks with plows and salt shakers on them I know I am going to miss it and will critique all the lots that I pass but when I got home and heard daddy daddy daddy I missed you it confirmed why I hung up the keys

11. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

Quitin with your boots on

At least you are still upright as you are leaving and have your boots on.

I was plowing the first snow of the year a couple of seasons back. Thought I had the flu or cold or something, , but as the chest hurt more it turned out much more serious.

ICU and 10 days later I figured I was done with the plow.

Still miss it and have a big truck and plow, but only tinker with it. But now with 4 stents and after over 60 days in the hospital, I think I made the right decision.

Don't miss the all nighters, though.

Enjoy your retirement from snow plowing.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  12. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

26 yrs here I cant wait to be done

13. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

This snow business is not the cash cow used to be. Between the cost of fuel,insurance,equipment,labor and salt, im starting to wonder if its worth it?

14. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

Good luck in the future. I can't wait till I come one here and type the same thing. I have at least twenty years.....probably more.