1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Goodbye Bronco

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by L.I.Mike, Feb 12, 2012.

1. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

So I buy the F 350 and put the Bronco up for sale. I have had the truck for 9 years and it owes me nothing, very reliable and plowed with no problems. Today a guy gives me what I was asking for it and leaves a deposit. So reality strikes and I realize I will miss that truck very much and start to second guess selling it.
    Needless to say I am not changing my mind but damn I will miss that old Ford. Anyone else have this happen?

2. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

yep sure did Mike I just got rid of my 1990 FSB for 1500 due to the fact that it started to need more work that what it was worth.In the last moth drop about 1000 into to it just to keep it body was gettin pretty bad and a few other thing .Mine had 5.0 BORE 30 OVER HEADERS 35 INCHERS ON IT, NEWER FLOWMASTER EXHAUST ect.ect. It brought a tear to my eye to see it go even with all the stuff stating to go....had for about the last8yrs JUST GOT RID OF IT
    1/10/2012

R.I.P BRONCO :cry:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I had a Bronco II that I owned for 13 years. The last 4 it was as a plow truck with a 6' standard Meyer on it. Burgundy color, black roof and bottom, tiger stripe sides and rear, black bumpers and trim. Both my boys grew up riding in that truck and plowing snow. The last season I plowed with it the body mounts rusted out. I retired it that summer. The flat bed came for it, to take it away. The boys and I had tears in our eyes when it was leaving. My Wife was like "Really?" Yeah, Really, we loved that truck! They still talk about it.

4. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I'm with ya, man. My old Dodge 1/2 ton blew an engine in '05 or '06. My first real truck. The truck I started plowing with, in fact. It sat in my driveway for 5 years. I hardly touched it. Got a chance to sell it for $600, and took it. I remember cleaning it out, thinking how much I'd miss it. Never would have been practical to fix the thing, had almost 250K miles and more broke on than was right. But boy, that was tough.