1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good way to start the year

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BRAAAP, Dec 9, 2006.

BRAAAP Senior Member

Got our first plow in yesterday a big 3". This is a good way to start they year off. Has this happen to any one els?

2. starc

starc Senior Member

No real snow here in St.Catharines, Ontario yet, just spreading salt so far. Niagara Falls, Ontario has had a few inches, it only 13 miles or so from where I am. I can wait myself, I'm in no hurry...
  3. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Me too.

I live in Irondequoit. I have a few accounts north of 104 that had three inches and that was about it. Getting to break in the new plow was fun though!!:D
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

With all that snow did you take a full bite with your plow or did you have to open up the parking lot first!:D Nothing better then a small amount to get your snow legs.
  5. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

Whats with that guys plow?? Look at it closely it looks like the middle has fallen or been cut off.:eek:

BRAAAP Senior Member

It a C plow with the whole middle missing:dizzy: hate to see what would happen to it in a foot of snow.
  7. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Hey grandview

If you were referring to me with the snow legs thing, I have been plowing for a few years. Just bought a new truck last year and the new Sno-Way this year. Got my snow legs years ago!!:eek:
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's to keep the truck from over heating.:dizzy:
  9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Appears to be a Hiniker scoop plow with the center skin removed. I would agree it won't move much snow this way but certainly will keep the truck cooler for transport. I can't understand if it is snowing why it would be removed though.
  10. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Gotcha. Read it wrong.:blush2:
  11. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i think snow legs is when you start plowing for the first time each winter. it takes alittle to remember everything about plowing. it takes time to get up to speed on operation the plow and shifting at the right time.
  12. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

04 superduty

Thank you for clearing that up,honestly.:D I guess I had just never heard the term before. I never thought it to be the same as sea legs.Yes it was definately better to do that on 3" and not an 18" blizzard!!
  13. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I have to say, I wouldn't mind an 18" as the first plowable event of the season here in NE! payup
  14. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Be nice to see some of that here in SE Pa. It was up to 55 degrees today and going to be in the mid 40's to mid 50's for the next several days.