1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good truck? How much?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DanG, Oct 13, 2001.

1. DanG

DanG Senior Member

I'm looking at a dump truck to add this year for larger lots etc...and found a 1986 chevy 4x4 with a 4 spd tranny(3spd with creeper gear) 9' fisher plow on it with sno-foil. It also has a new clutch and throw-out bearing.
    It has high miles on it(100K) but sounds OK and doesn't smoke when started or running.
    Body is in good shape no rust on cab but some small holes in dump body floor. Tires are all good too.
    How much is a truck like that worth? the sign on it says $10,000 or Best offer.

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

That sounds pretty high to me but hard to tell without seeing the truck. I would think it would be more in the 6-7000 range. 15 years old, mileage is not really high but the dump body may need work. What does sound ok mean? Can you get some pictures?
  3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Mintr condition that truck would be between 10-12K.
    But for average condition around 8k is the highest I would go.
  4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

last year I could of got the same type of truck less miles with new 350 installed/auto for around $5K.I would think a truck that old should not be in the $8K plus range unless it almost like new in my opinion. the truck new was only about $17-19K and things don't get better with age,well ok wine does but think about what the original cost of the truck is with the plow and go from there and a stick should be even cheaper.