1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Truck at a reasonable price?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Kollerman, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know what you think about this truck:

I have always wanted a diesel truck and am normally a GM guy, but this looked pretty nice when I came across it on the internet. Just wanted to know what you guys thought.

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

wow that is clean. the price seems a bit high since trucks aren't selling. Anyway there are a couple things to look for on those.

1. the fuel pumps are known for going, and youll never know it has failed until it wipes out your injector pump. You can prevent this with a fuel pressure gauge. There is a test fitting on the injector pump where you can test. I would recommend a low fuel pressure light.

2. i would check the trans fluid, make sure it doesn't smell burn't. theose trans aren't too bad just keep up on the fluid changes and band adjustmnets.

3. look at the font end have someone turn the whell back and forth, look at the tie road and the track bar.
    Good luck:waving:
  3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Why are they selling ? ? ? ?

RODHALL Senior Member

What i think...

Truck looks good... i like black...
    price is too high
    Tires are factory stock tires that came on the truck and they are not MT they are AT
    Not a Crew cab but xtra cab
    if it has every upgrade know to dodge then why don't it have the upgraded light package with cab and driving lights...
    What is wrong with the right side? there is no pictures
    Who ever installed the cap idiot i count 2 bolts and 4 clamps and don't see one whole side of the cap
  5. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

Thanks for the input so far. I have asked the guy to send me pics of the entire truck so I can make a judgement before I go down and possibly take a look. I am about 2.5 hrs from him, so I want to make sure this would be something I am serious about before I got down. I will post more pictures as soon as the guy sends them to me.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

This is a 1998.5 model truck. First generation of the 24 valve angine. For that kind of money iI would be looking for a 04-06 2500 series truck. These trucks IMO are alot more refined and trouble free than the early 1998's.

Have a look around. I have seen some 04 2500 4x4 gassers for as low as $5800.00. Tis the season for some great deals.

7. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

To pricey. I think some of the 2nd generation had issues with lift pumps IIRC. Great looking truck though! I have to agree what Daff wrote about looking for a 3rd generation.
    There was a guy on this site that was selling a 3rd gen for like $19,000 which I thought was crazy cheap considering mileage and condition. You may want to look in the classifieds, he was thinking of selling two trucks.
    I bought mine for the Cummins. The truck pulls like a freight train!