1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good tow points.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Buckeye Chuck, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

Lost my tow hooks when I got my new Western Std Poly. They looked real handy on the truck but now the're super handy, lying on the bench.
    What is a good tow point up front? I was underneath looking and I'm not real sure.
    Still no snow!
    Thanks
    Chuck

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

ALWAYS pull on the frame and only the frame...Rob

3. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

Tow Points?

CHUCK--the Best place is the Bottom of Your Front Frame Rails--DONO? what? YOU have?--for a TRUCK? or I*D Go & look at ONE!--like YOU have!--I Assume? YOU would have too Drill a Few Holes to Bolt Them ON!--Ole JIM--

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

There should be t slots in the frame rail front and back. If you really want to do it rite go to aw direct and order a frame key set. Id rather do that then drill holes in the frame rail...Rob

5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

All trucks have a slot on each side at the same location, on the frame rails themselves, that is about an inch to an inch and a half long by half an inch wide. These are what are used when your truck is flatbeded. These are known as the "t-hook" slots. Ideal for towing, winching, etc. Need more info PM me. :nod:

I deal with these thing all night long

6. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Us Ford guys really don't have a use for tow hooks. I would think Chevy would offer them as standard equipment. Like others have said there should be some slots in the frame. Get a hook that will fit in the slot.

No :yow!: please.. The Ford Chevy thing was just a joke :waving: .

7. Buckeye Chuck

Chevy does offer them standard, we take em off because we don't need them and sell them to Ford guys. :bluebounc Ford thing is just a joke. :)

8. Buckeye Chuck

PM doesn't work for me, not sure why. I'll look for those slots but they don't sound to handy. Plus you will have to use some kind of a hook on your strap to go in a small hole on the frame. Plus it sounds like you are pulling from the side of the truck frame. Is that right, they are on the sides? On the back I have the tow package and I can get around the round horizontal tube frame to pull.
    Thanks

9. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I just use the plow push beam. I think it should hold up to any stuck that you can get into. It holds upto plowing abuse.

10. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

chevy does have tow hooks but fords have heated tailgates to keep your hands warm! :yow!:

11. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Whatever you do, do NOT use the plow bracket. We just repaired one the other night that a guy had done just that. It wook somw rewelding. It was a Western Pro. These are constructed to take force that pushes against the frame, not pull away from it at that force.

12. Buckeye Chuck

Yeah, thanks, I kind of knew that wasn't a good idea.