1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good tires other than BFG

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by shoctor, Sep 28, 2003.

1. shoctor

shoctor Junior Member
    from ny

Looking for a new set of tires for this upcoming season and looking for some idea. Have had BFG AT KO's in the past on other vehicles but trying to avoid the 150+ price tag. Looking for a tire that is also good on wet pavement. Have a 99 silverado with 265 75 16 and anyone that has some ligt to shed on this would be appreciated. Also do a bit of towing and offroad work (firewood) so need a fairly aggresive tread.
    Thanks in advance
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I have Bridgestone Dueler M/T's and I love them. They're good in mud, snow, rain and dry pavement. 265/75: $135 ea.

My buddy runs Kumho Venture M/T's they are pretty aggressive, but they bite like crazy, and wear well too! They don't offer a 245, but they have a 235/85 load range E for $88 ea. Pretty good price if you ask me!
  3. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Cooper S/T's are better then BFG's for plowing and they are much cheaper. Tim
  4. BASIC

BASIC Member

shoctor,sir you should look at the B.F,Goodridch Commercial Traction T/A tires.I've had the A/T tires and I think the Commercial Traction are much better in rain,snow,ice and off-road,there also much cheaper than the T/A,I belive you can get them at BJ's Wholesale at a little over $100 per tire.Also think about the tire in a 235-85R size,there a little narrower and I think better in the snow.Good luck,BASIC.
  5. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

We run Futura Dakota's, around $450, for a set installed. They seem to hold up well, around 30,000 miles all plowing/or towing. They are agressive but not to loud.
  6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Cooper Discoverer AT for All season,Cooper M&S for winter.
  7. Santo

Santo Banned

Goodyear has an a/t that is cheaper than B>F>G's by about 35.00
  8. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

i run cooper discover A/T
  9. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

10. johngus

johngus Senior Member

take a look at Nitto Terra Graplers.I put them on the Suburban last year and are pretty happy so far.they also come in load range D and E which is good for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks:nod:
  11. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

I run 285 75 Trxus MT's on my Superduty. They grip better than anything else I've used. $130 each at Tyres International.
  12. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

I too have some Cooper AT's on my Tahoe. Got 50,000 miles on them and they will last through this winter. If you wan't something more aggressive try Multimile Wild Country FM's. Simmilar to BFG MT's. Also Wild Country TXR's are a good in between tread design.:)