1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good tires for 18in rim?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by gunsworth, Dec 5, 2005.

1. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

we just got an 06 F-350 superduty and the continentals that came on it suck. We also wanted to go a bit bigger and so far were leanin towards BFG All Terrains (only a/t tire I could find for an 18in rim) but they are only 1/2in bigger than stock and the thing has tons of clearance.

Anyone else runnin 18s with some decent tires?

The tires on it are 275/65/18 about 32.1in tall
    the only BFG AT is 285/65/18 32.6in tall and a bit wider obviously

I love these tires on our jeep but not sure how the soft rubber would hold up under a beast like that

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

We have talked about this alot.So here it goes[Ihave a 05 with 18s with contis they suck]NO ONE makes a 10ply tire for that truck[In that size].The BFG is a 8ply :nono: I am hoping that by next year Goodyear offers that size on there workhorse or the BFG commercial series tire.It is a favorite of municipalitys.If you put 8plys on your truck remember your GVW goes down

3. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

sorry, I shoulda searched

4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Try this link, piqued my curiosity. Unfortunately I already bought a set of 18'' factory take-offs. If you find anything different, be sure to post it here, were all in the same boat!

http://www.ricksontruck.com/