1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good tip for everyone.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ksland, Nov 18, 2005.

1. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

For those that stake out lots for plowing I came up with a nearly free way to obtain stakes. We save our popsicle sticks all summer long. Having 2 kids and a lot of parties we end up with hundreds. They are perfect! They are also rounded on the ends so then push into the ground easily.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They'll work good for the guys that plow in FLA.:rolleyes:
  3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

how big are those popsicles? I'm afraid it may be too late to start saving them now.
  4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Great,...I'll keep that in mind for my Mighty Tonka Dump truck! :waving:
  5. The Cowboy

The Cowboy Junior Member

What??? After I pushed em into the ground, I'd be able to see enough to plow 1/2 inch of snow!! LOL:rolleyes: :p
  6. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I didn't think they had snow in FLA being so far south. Hmmm you learn something every day.
  7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

8. The Cowboy

The Cowboy Junior Member

Maybe they don't get snow in MA.:gunsfiring: :rolleyes:
  9. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

HAHAHAHA I hope this is a joke.:p Lol better paint those things that brigth orange that shines right through snow:p
  10. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Hey that'd work great for my Radio control truck's plow!!
  11. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Truck overturns out on the highway and the wrecker driver says " Yeah, you can help clean these up". Highway patrol helps me throw 'em in the pick up.

The load? Cheap wooden yardsticks!

I'm STILL usin 'em!
  12. Wolfies L&L

Wolfies L&L Member

I hope this is a joke too, you're really wasting your time putting 3" popsicle sticks around. What are you going to do with snows that are larger than that? Even at 3", you can hopefully still see part of the curbs or whatever.

13. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

14. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

15. frostservices

frostservices Member

at least you wont have to pick them up in the spring or worry about tire damage but you could really make a killing putting them in a a dollar a stake!:rolleyes: