1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Things come in Small Packages!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Nascar24, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

This a project that I made up over the past few months, Made the lift and push plates from scratch, used a ATV blade and modified it by adding a box that housing the elec / hydraulic pump. The set up was custom made for a 1998 Suzuki Side Kick, wanted something that was more than a personal plow and less than a full HD set-up, so we modeled it after a Meyer set up. It utilizes full size cylinders and a Fenner pump, quick disconnect lift frame, A-Frame and harnesses, Meyer truck-lights and sealed hydraulic system.

This has been a fun project, best part is the looks from other plow operators! lol

As they say in Mayne, It Works Pissa!

We tested it on the Valentine's Day Storm, pushed 8+ inches two pushes with no problem!

Jay

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/Yumhaha/plows006.jpg

2. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Cool as long as it workswesport

3. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Sweet! Have fun pushin! Now you should shop it out to the big plow companys -- naw if it was profitable they'd be doing it already!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

We finally get to see what you were wiring that Barns pump for! Looks like it turned out great!

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Now that's pretty cool.

6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Nasca,
    Nice job. I have a Fenner pump set up on my 85 Chevy pickup. I use a Fisher mount with an old Heavy Dimaond 8 foot blade. I have found the Fenner very slow when going up. It takes about 6 seconds to full up position. It is fast from side to side though(3 seconds). Is your set up fast. It probably is because of the light weight set up you have.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Speed?

Hi

I would say the speed on the lift is normal, it isn't a Boss by any means but its as quick as any E60 or Insta Act.

We call this the side walk plow, lol, in our area certain cities and towns require you to plow the sidewalks along your property frontage, its perfect for the city!, It also does well on the drive ways, did mine this morning, 2" of wet stuff scraped right down!

Jay

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

how long does it take to mount it? can you get some pics of it off the vehicle of the mounts on both ends? looks pretty neat!!!!

9. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

Nascar, The way we say it in NH, That's a "COCKER"! Nice job. Hippy

10. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

It mounts just like a Meyer EZ Mount, two pins in the tubular lift frame, two pins in the plow ears to the push plates. The lift cylinder also has quick pins, we leave the lift cylinder attached to the hoses and the plow blade when its removed.

As they say in Mayne yes sa! Pissa! ay yup,