1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good thing I don't have a plow on this truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Edgewater, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

I was turning through an intersection when someone ran a light at 60 -70 km/h (40 mph) and hit me in the drivers door. Waiting for the estimate now. That was on a dry road, can't wait for the snow to start.

DSC00885.JPG

DSC00886.JPG

2. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

that sucks man looks like a nice truck hope it all works out for you.

3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

wow those pics make me feel better about my truck purchase! not bad for 40mph!

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

they must have been breaking very hard and been a small car, low to the ground to have that little damage!! does the door open and close at all? awesome truck though!!

5. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Brand new truck....

Last year, with 2,000 miles on it, woman came out from a stop sign and "didn't see me"

MVC-460S.JPG

6. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

The car was a 2001 sebring. She never even touched the brakes. It was the hight difference and all the plastic on the chrysler that took the impact. The chrysler was in BAD shape.

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

like what happened to me last week!! my truck not too bad, her car, a mess!!
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=39721

8. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Dam mike that sucks, What did you got for the damages.

9. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Wow, that thing was barely touched by a 40 MPH impact! These GM 2500HD/3500s are safe trucks.

10. corey1977

corey1977 Member
    from maine

good thing I dont have a plow

that is nothan I had a woman back in to be and I was parked "she said to me she did not see my PARKED CAR" lol:gunsfiring:

11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Why is it good that you don't have a plow on the truck? Looks drivable to me.:confused:

12. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

i have a dent in my truck but i still can plow.

13. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

dude ive seen people backing up in parking lots do more damage theres no way she was doing 40

14. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

She very well could have been. Thank god for plastic cars. I have seen cars going 60 hit trucks. Trucks have minimal damage the cars are totaled. No chance of a non costly repair. My brother was hit by a Caddi. in the rear. He drives a Ford Ranger 4x4 so sits decent off of the road. Caddi bent the bumber cracked a weld on the hitch. The caddi blew the radiator, ripped the hood off, broke the block on the motor and the battery was demolished. This was at 30mph. :drinkup: :gunsfiring:

15. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Damage dont look that bad to me, just a dent.

16. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

I just had someone blow through a stop sign and hit one of my truck right below the passenger door and it is hard to tell they hit it. Subaru was wadded. The funny thing is that a cop was sitting across the road from them and watched the whole thing.

17. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Gotta love a truck. That is why I own them. No cars whatsoever. Sorry bout the truck man!