1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good stuck first storm of the year.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Blazin, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Figured you guy might like to see how my truck ended up after sliding off the edge of a driveway. I figured what the heck its all flat down there just finish backing over the edge and drive out. I started to back down, the front slid over the edge felt like it was going to roll so I cut he wheel up hill and put the hammer down. I mowed over the birch trees, the choke cherry tree about 6" thick, uprooted some rocks and ended up on top of a pile of cord wood, surrounded by bryer bushes! It was quite the ride, rear right duals rode right up the cherry tree until it bent over. If you look you can see the tire tracks down over the edge. steering wheel is a little out of whack and cracked one back up light. Rubber mounted tractor style. Had to get a big farm tractor to drag me off the wood and up out of where it was.
    Pics are with camera phone and it was snowing so not the best.

2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

i guess it could have been worse. glad you didnt flip it.:dizzy:
  3. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

Now that's the way to start a season out!

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I bet you never forget where the edge is now. :cry:
  5. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

I have known were it was for ten years. Just this time it slid over it. I wouldn't have backed down there if I had my spreader on. But if I had it on I would have most likely made it up to begin with!
  6. wishingtoplow

wishingtoplow Member
    from Pa

got any other pics of the rig?
  7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

What year truck? Looks a lot like my grandfather's '76 from years ago, and I have to guess it's somewhere around there (but not too much newer if at all). Where in NH?

8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

That made me think of my post where the local plow guy got killed
  9. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

sliding downhill

I am glad you didn't get hurt. I use chains on jobs like this, then take them off when I am back on the flats. Safety is really important. Your family wouldn't want to lose you. Be careful, no one will look out for you if you don't.
  10. snow junkie

snow junkie Junior Member

ain't gonna make that mistake no more..is you? sure done got yourself in a pickle there. Buckle up Flash we're in hot pursuit.
  11. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Its a 79 but I swapped on 74 / 78 headlight trim. I don't like the big bulky chrome around the park / directional lights the 79s had. Pics from last year, & year before. Next year it gets treated to an extreme make over truck addition!
    I am in Danbury N.H. The west end of N.H. Rt 104 where it intersects with U.S. Rt 4.

12. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

Great truck! One of the best ever made. I would take that one any day over the high tech unrepairable junk that is being made today! A guy can actually fix it himself without $50,000 in test equipment for a $2.00 part.
  13. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

thats just a little more than stuck, stuck to me is when you can shovel the snow out of the way and get your self out. not having a crane come in to lift your truck out. :)
  14. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

I call it stuck no mater where your at as long as its still on all fours. Its when they land on the shiny side when I call it more than stuck