1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good snowthrowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by danthemowerman, Oct 26, 2001.

1. danthemowerman

danthemowerman Junior Member

I'm 17 and have been cutting grass for the past five years. Anyway I've desided that I would like to remove snow in my area. The drives around here are about 20x40 and I would like to know what are some good quality 2 stage snow throwers that you professional guys would recomend me using.
    I would appreciate any help you can give me, THANKS!
    :p :p
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Dan, if you'll do a "Search" using keyword "snowblower" there are several goods threads discussing and comparing models. Also, I think Chuck has a good discussion of snowblower on his website "Chuck's Chevy Page".
  3. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

i have been using cub cadet [no tracks] 30" wide. have had good luck with them. look for a blower with greese zerks. cheepie ones don't have these. 2nd is repair availbity. no cub cadet dealer close? buy another brand. watch how wide blower is compaired to walk width. ex. 45" blower - 48" walks - car parks head in over walk - hence 45" blower is too wide. wish they would build 36" blower. there are other good blowers out there. 30" is good overall width.
  4. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Mick - you're right, Chuck has a "Snowblower Comparison" on his snowplowing site: www.snowplowing-contractors.com . You can also link to that site from right here - at the top of the page, it says "Chevy & Plow - Chuck Smith". Click on Chuck Smith and it'll take you to his snowplowing site.
  5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Thanks, Rob. I thought I was going to have to retract that. I just spent about ten minutes roaming around Chuck's site and the Diesel page. Didn't find the snowblower section but I knew I'd seen it. I always get distracted there. I should have thought about there being a link on this site.
  6. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas