1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good snow plowing tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bchlawns, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

Hey Guys,
    I am looking at what brand and what tire would be best to put on an 2005 Cheve 2500 HD. I have hear that Cooper M+S are very popular. Is that true or what do u use?
    Thanks
    Bchlawns

2. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Cooper Discoverer A/T's or BFGoodrich All-Terrain's are my choice tires. Both have low noise and wear like a brick. Good all around tire that won't kill your budget (especially the Cooper's).

3. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks jalawn, should I keep my regular tired on in the summer and put these on only in the Winter or are these tires ok to keep on all year long?

4. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I keep all mine on all year long. MAKE SURE YOU ROTATE EVERY 3K!!! That is teh key for good wear.

5. snoking

snoking Senior Member

Hockeypelleta<----spelling made by Nokia awsome run them on all 30 some trucks.....should cost you about 500 or soo....dont rum them in summer....if you take them off youll get like 4 years on them.....swear by them....

6. jscott

jscott Junior Member

What model Hakka's do you use?

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

copper stt or bf goodrich mud terrians

8. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I would go these:
    [​IMG]

Plowman45......how do the BFGoodrich Mud Terrains do in the snow?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2004
  9. PLOWMAN45

i dont know i was thinking of getting a set to replace my dunlops

10. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I hear those T/A's are the best. I'm running Goodyear Wrangler RTS on my F150. I like them. We use Coopers at work. They look nice but do wear alittle uneven on the fronts of our vans.

11. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

yeh i hear the BF Goodwich All-Terraine T/A. I am going to get those i think
    Bchlawns

12. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Good Choice Bchlawns :D The AT's won't let you down, I have them on my 03 Chevy ZR2 and they kick butt.

13. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

how much will a set of those tires cost me about?

14. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

if you dont mind getting a deticated snow tire then go that wroute! any other AT tire may do good in the snow but they will stiull be a compromise. I have dunlop radial rover rt's and they do excellent in the snow and for what they are I love em but they are still just an AT tire. A snow tire would do even better but I didnt want to get another set of rims and all that cost. The dunlops were 108 from the tire rack. BFG's are more expensive and owned by a french CO. so I personally wouldnt by em even though they are a good tire.

All an AT tire is is a compromise tire. They do OK off road and they do OK on the road and they do OK in the winter. If you want a tire that does awsom off road then dont buy a AT tire from any brand....buy a off road tire from interco or get a set of hogs. Even different offroad tires work better in different conditions for exapmle. If you want a no compromise tire that does great in the snow get a snow tire.

Most actual off road tires may do ok or good in some snow conditions but really suck in others.

The coopers are well liked as a snow tire though.

15. ratlover

from IL

16. PLOWMAN45

there is a article in truck trend same ? they say 265 85 16's

17. ratlover

from IL

oh.....I run 265 72 r 16's. Whats size were you thinking?

Be carefull about weight ratings though depending on what you do. My dunlops are rated a a bit over 3k witch is fine for my needs. Just make sure what ever tire you run will have a rating in #'s higher than the most weight you plan on putting on your truck.

18. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

ratlover,
    265 72 r 16's what are those?
    Thanks

19. ratlover

from IL

I ment 265 75 r 16's :eek:

20. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Im no longer going to be running bfg a/t. Our trucks would eat at them running them all year with good rotation. I cant get more then 25000-30000 miles on the tires for our 2500hd's.