1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Snow Blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Green Boys Lawn, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Green Boys Lawn

Green Boys Lawn Junior Member

I'm just starting. What snow blower would you guys recommend? We don't get a lot of snow, and it's usually in the 4-6" range. I've been hearing about the Toro single stage. Are single stage faster? Can they handle deeper snow if we do get a foot or so? I'm assuming you'd recommend a commercial snow blower. Where do I purchase or find information? It looks like Home Depot has some you can order, but I don't know if they are commercial grade. Thanks

2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

TORO there CCR line best blowers on the market hands down.Use the search bar up top this subject has been talked about time after time you will have plunty of reading material to keep you busy for hours.

Stay away from MTD and murry snow throwers they just don't hold up.

RCGM
    Brad

3. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

ditto....CCR 2450 or nothing for me.

I have to say though I have a 3 year old Yard machines mower I got at Lowes for $109.00 that cuts grass like a Mofo.

Best hundy I ever spent.

I do use a snapper Hi-Vac though...the YM is idle mostly.

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

single stages are faster up to a point. for the little snow falls we get around here, usually 2-6 inches with an occasional 12" they work fine. they dont like wet heavy snow or ice since there is no auger to break it all up,.

5. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

toros 3650s or for a bit larger the toro snocommander. the 3650 has a 20" width and a 5hp engine, while the snocommander has a 24" width and a 7 hp engine.

Last year we had about 10 events here and these things were awesome for walks. I would disagree about not throwing ice or wet snow. The units will cut thru packed snow thrown from the plow. we use f450 crew cabs and we were plowing a tight apt. lot, and dumped some snow in front of some handicapped spaces. there was a car in the corner and sidewalks in front of us, so I pulled out the 3650 and shot the stack of packed icy snow from the front of the plow about 15'. Yes really wet snow can be tough on the paddle as it drizzles out the discharge, but if its packed, icy or light and fluffy it'll handle the job.

last year we had over 700 units around the country, and they have replaced bulky two stage units, and the feedback is very positive. For the most part our crews are keeping up with the snowfall, as a large part of work is commercial, but occasionally we are cutting thru 6 or 8 inches with no problem.

6. BIG DRIFT

BIG DRIFT Member

I'll second this and the toro rules:)