1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Small Blower?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowking2, Nov 26, 2005.

1. plowking2

plowking2 Junior Member
    from IL

I am looking for a good snowblower in the 20 inch range for sidewalks, tight areas, ect. I found a Toro 3650 Power curve with a 6.5 hp and 20 inch cut for 579.99. Are they any good? Look like a cheep throwaway to me? I was at sears today and found a new Craftsman 22 inch 5 hp, 2 stage, 3 speed, electric start for 379.99. It seems like a lot more blower for the money? Which way would you go? Thanks
  2. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare Junior Member

the small 2 cycle single stage toro's work really well.they throw wet snow better than a small 2 stage does.i have the smallest toro powerlite i use it to clean off my decks it works great.

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I would go with the Toro any day of the week, a much better machine IMOP.

Good Luck Mike
  4. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

I have 6 toro 3650's light enough to throw in the back of a truck, but powerful enough to go through 10" of snow. Half of them are over 5 years old, and start on the second pull every time. You always get what you pay for.
  5. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

My Honda HS520 is a beast of a snowblower.. It's very quiet and can move a lot of snow. Its great on gas too!
  6. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I use the Honda as well, quick and clean. The Toro is a little cheaper and fairly good as well, but I always have loved Honda engines. They run about $1100 Canadian, so they are a bit pricey, but they are also light enough to pick up and throw into the back of the truck.

7. maxwell

maxwell Member
    from nw ohio

my wife does well
  8. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I have an MTD (31 something-AE) and I've had that for about 4 or 5 years, now. It does extremely well, plenty of power, and starts fantastic. It's smallt and light enough to get in and out of the truck. It's an auger type, but it's one of the smaller auger types that look like one of the paddle type snowblowers.
  9. plowking2

plowking2 Junior Member
    from IL

Thnaks for the info. What do you guys think about the new lawnboy blowers? They look like they are the same as a toro, but about $75 cheeper. Thanks again!
  10. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I use a toro and craftsman, and for 150 dollars less i have to say the craftsman is just as good. beat it and no probs after 3 years
  11. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i have used a crapsman to clear walkways at condos for years now, i use the 21 inch single stage, works well and one guy can lift it into the back of the truck.... the only thing i have found a problem is that its a little loud.....
  12. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

Just wondering where you are getting a Honda for $1100 Canadian, I am looking at about $2200 for a 10 hp 28" Toro, I was originally looking into the Honda's but was told they would be more money. Have I been misled
  13. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a good buy on the craftsman.. we have the same blower and paid $600 for it 9 years ago. still runs and works good. still a firm believer in a snow pusher shovel or a broom in light snow
  14. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

The toro looks like a throwaway? lol Comon. That things a beast. Only blowers Ill ever use.
  15. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

toros 3650 is a good strong blower, it will chug through heavy wet slow from the city plows like a champ. one thing that toro has over the honda that i was was you can change the chute position on the toro from the handle bars. with honda you need to walk around and use the handle on the chute. but you cant go wrong with a honda.
  16. SwiftSnow&Salt

SwiftSnow&Salt Member

I swear by (and at sometimes) the toro S200's...cheap to purchase (USED) and cheap to maintain (parts and easy to fix)..
  17. Chuckie

Chuckie Member
    from PA

toro 3650 are all we will use as a small blower , throws the wet snow like nothing....... but for very very light fluffy snow nothing can beat a good back pack blower to speed things up. Fast and clean.