1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Rental Deal?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by beanz27, Feb 8, 2013.

1. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

So the local bobcat dealer where I'm moving to seems to have a half way decent deal. I normally don't rent or lease anything, as we've had our own on the farm already. So I'm asking those who rent or lease every year if this is a good deal.

Same pricing for either a bobcat or a toolcat. These are mid to larger machines as far as skids go, example would be an S185

Pricing for the day is $179 for 8 hours.

Leasing for the winter is $550 per month, with 6 hours included free each month, and every additional hour after that is $14 per hour.

This would be for snow only, so would this be a typical price, or a bad price?

Thanks guys.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

179 a day is not bad at all when u can get $70 hr

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

around here it would be about 1000-1800 per month..25 per hour after 8 that's a great deal based on our prices here

4. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Ended up costing $211 for 8 hours of rental, plus fuel, ended up paying basically about $250. Not bad for being able to gross $400 with it. Especially since I only got paid for a few drives that I did, and did many drives, and many many many more ends of the drives, mainly to get my name and card out there. I love the local dealership here, glad I moved.

5. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

If I could get a deal like that out here, I would have one at every lot I do.

6. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Yeah, I plan on just renting out one when it snows, much easier then a truck, more convienent, AND cheaper to run and most importantly, I DON'T PAY REPAIRS.

The salesman there said "In the winter I shift from making money to focusing on just making sure all the bills get paid and we make a few dollars"

Their summer rental prices though, they are pretty high.

7. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Rent it monthly. If you "plan on renting it when it snows" then you'll be up s creek if they have a busy week in the rental dept

8. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I talked to them for a bit about it, and they don't ever have all of their loaders rented out, and they always make sure to save either a bobcat or toolcat for a contractor when it snows. Their lease program is alright, but I'd rather spend less money if I can, I'll have to discuss it with them more.

9. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

attachments included ? monthly price looks real good . are you in the boon docks ?

10. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Thats for the day. Comes with a snow bucket. Not boondocks. Grand Forks North Dakota. I believe about 20k population, and East Grand Forks MN which is about 10-15k pop. So not too small of a town.

Per day costs $211 after taxes and damage deposit that you don't get back regardless.

Winter lease if I remember right is around $550 per month, $14 per hour also.

Either way thats pretty good pricing. I love this dealership.