1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Quality Snow Shovels

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowmanNJ, Dec 26, 2009.

1. PlowmanNJ

PlowmanNJ Junior Member

Every storm I buy about a dozen shovels for my crews to use and by the end of the storm they are about useless. Should I just continue to buy these cheap shovels every snow storm or is there a commercial grade, industrial grade, or heavy duty shovel out there that can handle hours worth of shoveling?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. If there is a shovel out there you like please let me know where I can get them along with price.

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

3. Premier

Premier Senior Member

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

For you guys that have used these. When pushing through light fluffy snow, is there enough roll on the top edge to deflect the snow forward rather than have it blow over the top and behind the shovel?

Have you ever broken one? Is there a warranty?

7. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

I got the snowplow shovel to try it out and our side walk crew was fighting over it (in the light snow),
    so I got three more of them. very well constructed and they have individual parts for them, make sure you look at the widths we have 2 - 36" and 2 - 24" if you get alot of wet snow I wouldnt get over a 24"
    just my 2 cents

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

For the most part yes. Once you have enough snow it will come over, but then just angle it.

Haven't broken one yet, so I can't answer about the warranty.

9. TerrForms

TerrForms Member

We have the 36" to use infront of garage doors and a few front door walks. Works great if not more than 3 inches. After that just grab the powerlite!

10. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

We bought about 75 of them (The Snow Plow) last year for walks.

25 storms later, 74 of them still look new. 1 walked off.

5 storms in this year and no issues.

If you angle the blade and move quickly it will throw the snow similar to a plow. Wet and heavy, or dry an powdery.

the only draw back is digging out. we are running 36's and 48's and it can make it tough to toss snow with.

The owner delivered the order and included a couple extra handles, braces and blades. Have only had to replace one brace, (not work related)

He has said over and over he would take care of us if we needed it. Says something that we have not had to take him up on it.

11. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Does the "SnowPlow" come with Pro-wings? :)