1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Problem to have

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJ Contracting, Nov 19, 2006.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Well this year I have had people give me their accounts and give up plowing, well just one quit, anyway my phone has been ringing once or twice a week for snowplowing quotes (without advertising). So far I have picked up five more accounts and am currently working on a large bid that called in late but for a ten to fifteen G account I'll make some accommodations. I hope you all do fine this year.
  2. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Congrats,Wish I was having that luck on my end lol.

With all the new work are you dreaming up any new to you equipment purchases?The backhoe and 3 trucks will be mighty busy this year payup :nod:
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Good luck there, DJ. I'm in the same situation - a major player got out of the business. Now his customers are calling for quotes. Problem is, he was really, really low and now his customers are getting "sticker shock".
  4. DJ Contracting

Murray83 we will be very busy this year and I just sold my old 87" plow truck sure wish i still had it, but for right now I have a friend that said he would help me and a brother in-law that is looking for a truck.

Mick I had the same problem with the low fees, however I told them that this is one of the reasons the other contractor had to give up his snowplowing bit and the other was he did not carry insurance. So I assured him that the he would be getting quality work from everyone of my workers.
  5. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Good luck. Hope you can make lots of payup
  6. DJ Contracting

jcesar Thanks and cool name.