1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good price?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by fortywinks, Sep 11, 2009.

1. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

Got a quote for a 22 Series with wireless remote for a Jeep Wrangler. Dealer says $4975 installed + Tax. For such a small plow that seems kind of high to me. Had my 8.2V BOSS done for 5700+ out the door(late Oct. 2007). What is the going rate on the plow and what could I expect as an install price? I want to have good dealer relationship but I also have to keep an eye on the bottom line. Thanks.

KB

2. SOMAVY

SOMAVY Junior Member

I was quoted slightly less for a Series 26 (larger plow) installed. About $4925 including wireless remote and everything installed, out the door. You may want to bargain hunt.

3. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

Thanks...

The problem with bargain hunting is he's the nearest dealer. I like my BOSS and may go back there for the Sport Duty, that dealer is 15 miles closer and I think he gave me a pretty good price on the 8'2 Poly V. More phone calls to make, and thanks again.

KB

4. BayStateGlenn

BayStateGlenn Member

The price on the 22 series is a decent one if it includes "down pressure" and the new style wireless remote. Good luck getting those features on a Boss plow.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Depending on the size and options that's a OK price.

Lights, hydraulics, engineering time, machine set up, all take as much time for a little unit as a big unit. The materials and freight cost difference is not that great.

6. hamline holding

hamline holding Junior Member

I called the Snoway dealer here in MN (Shorewood RV) and I was told a little under 4K installed with DP for a jeep wrangler. Am I missing something?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Maybe or could be old inventory they are trying to move. That is a very good price.

8. d70stang

d70stang Junior Member

That is a good price from Shorewood. I got mine from them last year and paid 4100.00 for the 22, down pressure, wireless remote, and deflector but that was not installed. I bought from them and installed it myself. Was not really that hard if you are mechanically inclined.

9. hamline holding

hamline holding Junior Member

How were they to work with? I am in the process of looking for a SW 22 for my wrangler and if I cannot fine a decent deal on a used one I may get a new one from them. By the time you buy a mount,wiring and pay for install it pretty hard to fine a good enough deal on a used one for it to give up having a new one.

10. tp property

tp property Junior Member