1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Price???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by monteballz, Mar 25, 2009.

1. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

I got a quote yesterday for a 8' 6'' XtremeV (mild steel, not stainless) for $4800 installed. It's one they have left over from this past season that they didnt sell and they said that in the fall it will be $5500 installed for the same plow. What do you guys think?

2. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

I'm sure you can get it for $4500....They don't want to hold onto it all summer...I just got a over the rail spray-liner in my truck yesterday, everyone was $475-$525 +tax. I got mine for $400 including tax and they even picked up and dropped my truck off to me. You just have to ask for a better price......

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's a great price. Who's your dealer? Mine was hitting me up this week to buy another plow. Lock in now at this year's price, don't have to pay till October.

4. kj330

kj330 Member

You can find a SS for 4500.00 cash installed. Just call a couple of dealers. I just paid that a month ago.

5. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

Where did you get a SS for that price? I'd drive to CT for $4500 installed. let me know

6. kj330

kj330 Member

Hartford Truck Equipment, South Windsor CT 860-290-9516 (talk to Patrick) I got mine on 2/13/09. i am not sure if he has any left... he is the largest distributer in Ct

7. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

just sent them an e-mail

8. kj330

kj330 Member

the only thing i forgot was i had the truck ears already. i dont think it will change much though....Patrick always hooks me up over there...

9. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

well if u already have the undercarriage mounted the just install it yourself its easy 95% is plug and play the only thing u have to wire is a few wires on the headlight harness and one to the fuse box from the controller its easy and im an idiot when it comes to anything wire related lol. as for price the undercarriage parts are about $200-500 depending where u go so it should know a few bucks off

10. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

Just got a quote from the place you refered me to. $5225 installed! :realmad: I have no clue how you got one for $4500 installed. Looks like i'll be going with my local dealer. Much better price!

11. kj330

kj330 Member

That is the 2009/2010 price. He probably sold the other plows he had...5225.00 is still a great price 2009/2010 msrp is almost 6000.00 for the ss. If you are going to pay 4800.00 for a Mild Steel up there. Then you should go with the SS here for 5225.00 The Stainless the the cats azz. That is just my opinion...Good luc with what ever yor choose..

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  12. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

No its the price on the 3 he has left over. oh well. I'm still debating

13. kj330

kj330 Member

huh :nono: I am going to call him this morning... Sorry

14. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

maybe it depends on who you are. lemme know what they say.

15. kj330

kj330 Member

instalation is easy. are you interested in installing yourself?