1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good price?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by papashaq, Sep 22, 2005.

1. papashaq

papashaq Junior Member

Good price for boss poly v plow?

Hi guys, been reading the forum for a couple days now as I have decided to expand my construction business to snow removal for the winter. This will be my first year and already have 12 commericial accounts waiting for me to sign contracts. I have researched many plows and read many opinions on each plow. I have decided to go with the Boss v poly plow. The dealer in my area has quoted me a price of $14,094 for 3 plows installed, all would include the smart hitch and smart touch. That comes to $4698 per plow installed. Does this seem like a fair price or should I be looking for a different dealer? Thanks guys for any help you can give me. I am glad I have found this forum as it seems like a lot of good people here willing to help out. Thanks again.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  2. papashaq

papashaq Junior Member

Please move this thread!

Can a mod move this thread to the newbie section or correct forum for me? I can't seem to post anywhere else but in the test section, thanks.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Well what do the plows normally retail for, is he giving you a deal or just an everyday price?

4. papashaq

papashaq Junior Member

deception

Well he said that his suggested price was around 5000 for a plow, and he would give it to me for 4308 then give me another 100 off each plow for bringing in 3 trucks. He was charging 540 for install and taking off 50 apiece for the 3 truck package. That sounds all fine and dandy, but as I myself am a dealer in steel buildings, I was taught the same, give em a high market price, give them a deal and than give them a better deal. Kinda like selling a truck in the paper, you never ask what you want for it, you list it for more and them come down to what you want so the customer thinks they are getting a deal. I guess I was wondering what others may have paid for their plows in comparison to what I was quoted to see where I stand with my dealer. Thanks

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a good deal to me, $700 off per plow thats a really good deal.

6. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I don't know pop. Here in MI I paid $3660 for an 04 RTIII 8'2 V steel, then paid $250 for the install. I don't know what list on a 05 or 06 is but I would do some mor research. You would think that he would give you a better deal because he is also going to make money on future service. Just a Thought. Good luck!