1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good price?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by merlin, Feb 24, 2012.

1. merlin

merlin Junior Member

Looking at a Western 8' Uni-mount Pro, barely used, included as a complete set is the truck mounting bracket , wiring harness and controller. They're asking $2200...good deal?
  2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

if it really looks 'barely used' that sounds like a fair price. definitely not a steal, but not bad. the bigger question would be if the mount and wiring that are included are right for your truck. what did it come off of, and what truck do you have?
  3. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

2200 is a fair deal around here. you can get 2000 for a 7'6" without truckside mount or wiring.
  4. merlin

merlin Junior Member

Thx...says the mount fits my truck, 94 F-250. I assumed I could make the wiring and controls work on just about anything...guess I need to ask what it came off of.
  5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

ok your truck would need the 92-98 F250 mount then. it was a part number 61820 if you want to search westernplows.com for the instructions and to see what it should look like. and your truck should have HB5 headlights, so the headlight harness should have 'D' shaped plugs, and may still have a little white tag with part number 61591 on it.
    If he is including all the wiring, you should also make sure you get the main harness with the 6 pin white plug on it, a control, and the battery cables, as well as the solenoid and headlight relays.
  6. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

whats a good price for a 7' cable control western, not so much as a scratch. mount not for my truck. wiring probably not for my truck either. mount needs to be cut off the truck?
  7. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Its hard to tell without pics. Hopefully it will mount right up to your truck or it will be more for a new mount and wiring.
  8. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

My opinion is that it's probably worth paying a little more for a whole plow set-up if everything DOES fit your truck. You could get a cheaper deal on a plow for a different truck or different year, then spend a LOT of time tracking down the rest of the parts on ebay or craigslist ...or more $ buying new. That takes a lot of time and I believe will actually end up costing you more in the end. I know because I went through that once on a 'good deal'. I got all the parts, but consumed a lot of time and buying the mounts and wiring (that are in good shape) usually aren't cheap. So, if it fits your truck I say snatch it up for the $2,200 because you probably won't find a better deal on a like-new plow.
  9. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

not too much. $500-$800 maybe? a 7' blade is a little short for a full size truck. no conventional mounts or parts for them are available new, so all a person can do is cut and weld and cobble it onto their truck (which may have been done with this one already).
  10. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

I took another look, there are some scrqtches, but for its age its impeckable. it would make a nice plow for driveways, mounted on a smaller truck with amore menuverability.
    or just add 6 inches to each side, not a hard task.