1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Price?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by guntruck, Jan 5, 2001.

1. guntruck

guntruck Member

Hey guys a little help here would be appreciated. I just got done plowing 2" of snow off one of my clients drives and walks. The drive is two cars wide and double that deep, the walks are about 75 ft total. I shoveled plowed and salted the whole thing and charged him $75.00. Was this too high? He hesitated a little bit when i told him the price thats why i was asking, i just want to be fair, and make a couple dollars.

Thanks
    Rich

2. RYAN

RYAN Junior Member

Sounds way high to me. Around here that would go for $35 or so.

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

If he jumped at it, you were too low.
    If he balked and walked, you were too high.
    If he hesitated, you were at the right price.

Ryan,
    In his market - that number is about right. In your market, where you actually get some snow regularly, it would be high. In my market, were we get snow daily, people would laugh at him. The market drives all pricing.

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

That would be a fair price here in my area too. Mostly because of the 75ft of walks, and the fact that you salted everything. On a 2" storm, with no walkway, a driveway that size would be about $40. Add the walk and salt, and $75 is fair. Like John said the market drives all pricing.

~Chuck

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

guntruck i would say that mayby around $35 for the drive and $20 for the walks and another $15 for the salting of the whole thing. so $75 for the whole thing really isn't that bad .Mayby you should of broke it down so they would understand why it's $75. but I would only do that price up to 5" and after that it would be almost 2/3 more.

6. Yardworks

Yardworks Senior Member

I would probably do something like that for $25 for the drive, $10 for the sidewalk, $15 for salt application, but only..... if it was close to something else I was doing. You can waste a lot of time driving around when you get to spread out. If it is a long way from anything else I'm doing I tell them it will be more then normal for the time to get there.

7. guntruck

guntruck Member

Well i dont feel so bad now thanks guys! =)

8. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

our market where it snows at leat an inch every day,that would be a little high ,probably 50.00 for all...

9. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Sounds a little high for around here, but if you can get it great. : )
    Around here I'd get about $45 to do all that.

Dan

10. guntruck

guntruck Member

Well then again it doesnt snow all that much around here thats the first snow of this year here. And now that i've charged him 75 how do i drop it to like 55.00 without looking like a fool if thats what i decided to do?

11. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Why would you lower the price if there is no reason to??

If the guy signs up as a "regular", maybe. But if he stays on call..... why give up the dough ??