1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good price on snow way for my dakota?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by david-nh, Jan 6, 2003.

1. david-nh

david-nh Member

hello all david form nh here again, thanks for all the information you gave me yesterday i called a snowway dealer in my town he said for a mt setup with a 6/1/2 foot blade with lights installed also comes with the wireless remote control is 3600/ and if i want the- st setup 6/1/2 foot blade with a snofoil installed but no lights is 3300 well i dont know if this is a good price or not any information ect on these model setups or price would be great thanks again i have a 2002 dakota with a v8 thanks, david oops allmos
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2003
  2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

First, the Sno-Way foil is kind of klutzy thing. Marginal improvement in the amount of snow blowing up in your face at best. We tried one,, took it off.

I just went to their site so I could compare the new model numbers to the ones I know. The MT is the old Series 24. Stay away from the ST, I think that's only an 18" high moldboard. You can go 7'6" on that truck with no problems and the extra width is nice in keeping the truck away from stuff that goes SCRAPE as you drive by.

That would be a 6'8" they quoted as that is the only size in that range, not 6'6"

I think that price is fair although not outstanding.
  3. Sndun

Sndun Member

I purchased an MT80 (6'8") with lights in Oct. '02 for $2862 with tax. I installed it myself which saved me a whopping $200.
  4. dbtoe

dbtoe Junior Member

Make sure you check the widest part on your truck and the with of the plow at full angle. A 6' 6" or 8" sounds a little short to me. FYI I put a 7' 6" Western on my Durango and no problem.
  5. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

why are these plows so much money.i can get a western 6 1/2 uni-mount for 2409.77 or a meyers 6 1/2 two meter for 2420 steel or poly for 2600.but i don`t think those will work with what you got going,but i had a jeep and a 86 toyota pickup that had plows on them for years and they worked out okay.i just think thats alot for that plow
  6. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

not to butt in again but i got a western 7.6 standard ultra mount for 2300 and my 8.0 pro was 2788