1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Price for This Plow?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mitragorz, May 8, 2016.

1. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

I've been trying to sell one of my trucks, '97 F250 7.3. It has an 8' Western Ultramount. It's in very good shape. A guy offered $2,500 for the plow setup only, said he'd dismantle and un-wire the truck side himself. Is that a good price for the plow or should I try to get him up a little higher?

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Some pics would help us give you an idea.

3. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

Don't have many on hand, but this is what I had on my phone.

http://imgur.com/XX92xRJ

http://imgur.com/WT1c57F

When I get home I'll reformat so the pics show in the post.

I just changed the fluid and filter, and the plow works perfectly. The cutting edge is getting a bit worn, but that's all.

4. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are all the pics I've got right now. The truck's on a corner with a For Sale sign at the moment.

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

If it was mine I'd take $2500.00 for it.... I'd caution you about having the guy pulling the wiring though, short cuts could be taken that could result in electrical gremlins. If it was me I'd pull the wiring and let the guy remove the truck mount.

6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

It's an older ultra mount. You are not going to get much more than that. I would never let someone I did not no remove a plow set up from my truck. Do it yourself, it is not that hard to do.

7. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

sounds like a good price to me too.

8. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

Thanks guys. Of course, the guy completely flaked. Fell off the face of the earth...

I hate selling stuff.