1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Price for a Unimount?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowboyBlake, Sep 20, 2004.

1. I have a buddy that works at a car dealership. They have a 2001 Ram 3500 Dually with a Unimount 8.5 Western on it. This thing is in good shape and probably hasnt hardly been used. I asked if I could buy the plow and setup for it for $1500 and I will take it off. They said $1800 and it's a deal. Is this thing worth that much? I am willing to be that the plow is at least a 2001 if not newer. I know I will have to get a new mount for my 2000 F-250 Diesel S/B 4x4, but I could probably make the wiring work. Is this a good deal or not? Please let me know guys.

Thanks a lot.

Blake Enloe

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

A new 7.5' ultra-mount pro plow runs around $3790.00 installed in my part of the country. I would think that a new 8.5' would be in the neighborhood of $4200.00 installed. (Not counting labor) say you give $1800.00 for plow, you have to buy a used mount $200.00, maybe a wiring harness $175.00, Miscellaneous $100.00 bolts-nuts-wire connectors, that puts you in business for around $2275.00 A savings of about $1925.00. Now this all assume that you are comfortable doing the installation. If you are not, then your local dealer will probably do it for around $400.00 - $500.00. Still a huge savings over buying new. Do not forget that you will have a used mount for sale and a wiring harness!! Uni-mounts are getting hard to find since they came out with ultras. :waving: BOAST

3. So,
    Does anyone else have feedback on this thing? I need to know before someone else buys it. PLEASE give me some ideas here. Thanks a lot.

Blake Enloe
    Blake's Lawn and Snow

4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Go Get It. I think it is a great deal. :waving: :D BOAST