1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good plow rig?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Maxs01b5, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Maxs01b5

Maxs01b5 Junior Member
    from Buffalo

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

No
    1 Soft top
    2 the auto in the 4 cyl (owners manual says do NOT plow with)
    3 over size tires

3. Maxs01b5

Maxs01b5 Junior Member
    from Buffalo

thank you sir! so from what i gather since i want to plow with a jeep it has to be stick?

4. theplowmeister

from MA

No, the 6 Cyl auto is good ..... but because of the heavier motor you have less capacity for a plow.

5. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Thats a good price for a 99 though....

6. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Which motors do you have? A 7.5' plow sounds awfully big for a Wrangler, especially a V-plow, arent they quite heavy?

BTW, I like the D60 tho, what front axle do you have?

7. theplowmeister

from MA

I have the D30, 6 cyl, 5 sp. snoway make a 7 1/2 for the jeep

8. martyman

martyman Senior Member

Ya, I would not use that to plow...make a great weekend trail jeep.

9. theplowmeister

from MA

I take the plow frame off, put on my winch change the tires and I have a great trail rig for the summer.

10. snyps

snyps Senior Member

I looked at that jeep and decided against it. I even talked her down to $3100 before buying another 99 in better shape with a hard top, new tires, 6cyl Auto for 5k. She didn't know much about the truck and when I looked at it the oil didn't even register on the dip stick a good indication she didn't maintain it well.

I just figured it was going to be a maintainance headache and since we have a 97 that is like that I didn't want another one!

If you do get this, offer her 3k and see what she says, when my business partner was there another guy looked at it and walked away, I think she is really trying to get rid of it!

11. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

WOW, TJ's are less expensive than I thought!!!! Sounds like you got a good deal!

Does your 1999 have coil packs or distributor? My 1999 XJ still has the distributor, the head was changed slightly when the coil pack rail was added and in a few cases a small crack has formed between two cylinders, happened to my friends year 2000 XJ.