1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Places to Buy?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by PremierLand, Nov 12, 2007.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

What are some good sites to buy strobe kits from, or buy them seperately? Im looking to get 8, 90watt Whelen Strobes in a 06 2500hd. Most likely I'll have to get 2 4x90 power supplys or 2 6x90s. Just looking for some good sites that you guys have used. Thanks Fellas.

2. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

When shopping realize the strobes themselves are not 90 watts each. If you have a 4 outlet 60 watt power supply each strobe is receiving 15 watts of power. The 6 head 90 watt outlet also delivers 15 watts to each strobe.

You can get an 8 outlet power supply but generally they are rather spendy and I bet you would be money ahead going with two separate power supplies.

I have not prices strobe kits lately lshlights.net and strobesnmore.com are generally pretty affordable. I deal with a company out of Cincinatti. Call 32 Ford Mercury and ask for Hugh. Tell him what you are trying to do and see what he can come up with for you. 513-732-2681

3. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

I have used hyper-lights.com or strobesnmore.com both seem to be reasonable on $$.

4. Novi plow boy

Novi plow boy Member

i dont know where you live in Michigan but i go to Priority One emergency in Livonia and they are really great overthere and have good deals.

5. Novi plow boy

Novi plow boy Member

My friend has the Whelen 660 strobe unit and it is really bright. I think it is around $250

6. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

32 Ford Mercury and Priority One are both outstanding companies. you can also try lshlights.com or sirennet.com

7. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

I will agree Priority One is a great company too and local to you.

8. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

9. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

I'm sure the quality of the parts is decent but the price is nothing great.

You can buy the same thing for $150 elsewhere or you can buy the same thing in Whelen for $170.

10. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I had a terrible experiance with strobesnmore.com

Lshlights.com however is great to deal with. can be a little slow on shipping but overall a grat company. Galls is really nice with super fast shipping but they are a little more pricey

11. PremierLand

from detroit

I had (2) 4x90watt hideaways (8 strobes total) in my last 2500hd, I want the same setup in my current rig, just wasnt sure where the best place was to get them. Thanks Fellas.

12. Diesel Sniffer

Diesel Sniffer Member

Check out needlights.com
    Good prices, free & fast shipping....

13. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

14. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

15. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

www.strobesnmore.com
    www.vlsusa.com

It pays to shop around - different sites have deals on different lights. Galls and AwDirect are too expensive on lights in my opinion

16. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

17. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

try priority 1 emergency .. their in Livonia , mi .. I-96/ Stark RD ... there address is www.priority1emergency.com

18. PremierLand

from detroit

What about Round 2.5" LED Marker Lamps? Where is a good place to get those online? Thanks

19. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

www.sirennet.com

Very good people to work with
    And you get a free gift right now for the holiday season