1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good or bad idea

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by chriscat423, Jan 7, 2010.

1. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

I have a gti that i only drive in the summer because of rims body kit ect...my ford taurus beater i had for winter is on its last leg (master cylinder goin and power steering fluid coming from pump and lines and tires bald ) mechanic said not worth the fixing...i found a 2005 f250 by my house with 65,000 miles on it for 9 grand and went to jump down and buy it until i realized why its so cheap...yep 2wd....im looking for a truck i can throw a plow on and bang out around 10 drives a storm since i work for school and when they closed im off. Would a f250 2wd be able to handle it or it this just a bad idea i live in ct the bridgeport area...would it really b smart dropping 10g+ on a truck and plow thats 2wd i have been looking for over a month but cant really find a 2500 4wd in my price range with under 100k
  2. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

bad idea :nono:
  3. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

If your subject reads "Good or bad idea" and you still have to ask, it is a bad idea.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Bad idea
    Keep looking for a 4X4
  5. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

ok guess that solves that thanks guys lol
  6. MNcasper

MNcasper Junior Member

I'm sure I'm breaking a rule here but I think you should look at the govt liquidations of military ....pickups or blazers w/diesels seem plentiful in the east coast area...not overly priced either.. IMHO anyway. just an idea, wish there were more around my neck of the woods.
  7. NielsenServices

NielsenServices Junior Member

To answer your question all you have to do is ask people that plow with 4x4 trucks how many times they have gotten stuck or even had to dig there way out...

I wouldnt even concider a 2wd.