1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good old f150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jcfeder, Dec 14, 2003.

1. jcfeder

jcfeder Junior Member
    from neb

Got are first storm of year and I went out with my new to me 1996 k2500 6.5 diesel 1st chevy ive ever owned worked it for about 10 hrs and tranny went out :realmad: :angry: So went and got in my old truck TRUSTY a 1985 f150 302 motor worked it for a good 12hrs and she did not let me down all i can say is that TRUSTY has a home for life with me and she may be a back up truck but I can say my back up truck is sweettttttttttttt.:)

2. juggernaut

juggernaut Member

Has the 85 got a solid body? We have an 85 at our golf course with a Meyer 7.5' with a 4 spd 300 l6 it is a tough truck completely rotten but that thing just will not die no matter how many times I've tried. I bet it will probably snap in half before the drive train goes oh well just booger weld it together if the frame isn't a rusty potato chip yet. Good luck with your truck hope you have as good luck with yours as we do ours.