1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Morning from the New Guy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 715Plower, Jan 14, 2015.

1. 715Plower

715Plower Junior Member
    from WI

Good Morning from the New Guy on the Forum!

I have just started to dredge through the banter here and it looks like there are plenty of jewels of information to find. While I am new to this forum, I am not completely new to the snow removal business. For the past several years I was the 'lead' for a large commercial job bid by an out of town landscaping company. I was the face of the company onsite, worked with the managers of the store to insure that the work was done timely and to their expectations. I formed a great relationship with the 'store' during that time and what I wasn't aware of was the state of the relationship with my employer on a level above me.

Needless to say the contract was not renewed with the company I had been employed by and I was asked to submit a bid for the work on my own. The timing became an issue, nothing in the insurance world or corporate world seems to happen quickly and I was unable to put together the complete 'package' of documents needed for my bid to be officially excepted.

It has recently been brought to my attention that the out of town firm currently doing the work isn't preforming to the level expected and it looks like I will get my shot at another bid this summer/fall.

I look forward to picking the brains of each of you as I work through this process and further digging through past 'threads'.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  2. 715Plower

715Plower Junior Member
    from WI

Dang, tough crowd! 63 views and not even a, "Good to have you aboard!" There isn't a storm blowing anywhere today, what are you fellas up to?
  3. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Yeah, if you're not from Canada or Michigan, nobody cares...

Good to have more Wisconsin on board!:drinkup:
  5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Welcome cheesehead....

6. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Welcome from New Jersey
  7. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome, good luck next winter
  8. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

What did you expect? I haven't seen any pictures of anything shiny yet. :popcorn:
  9. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

So cheesehead,
    You start your own blog (intro ), and then b!tch that no one responds. You. State that youre going to do 'something" snow related, but never expand on it.
    Not ready to pick some brains ?
    What kind of self respecting zombie claims to pick brains, but never follows through?

Now we're disappointed with you, zombie cheesehead...;)
  10. 715Plower

715Plower Junior Member
    from WI

Oh Dogplow Dodge, heckler of all people new, I beg your forgiveness and offer up my busy schedule on the farm, a wife and two children, Bible study last evening and all other time consuming things as my pitiful excuse for my late response! *How did I do? Did I lay it in there thick enough or should a spread it like salt on an inch of snow you don't want to plow at 5 degrees?*

Thanks for the welcome folks!

I will commence the brain picking in another thread to consolidate things and keep folks focused.
  11. EWSplow

EWSplow Senior Member

There are plenty of Wisconsin posts, Northern, Southeast, etc. Wisconsin is a big state.
    Use the search option to find people in your area.
  12. Gman1200hd

Gman1200hd Member

Hi welcome to the site great to see another Wisconsin member.
  13. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Sure there isn't a "non compete clause" in your contract with the snow company?
  14. 715Plower

715Plower Junior Member
    from WI

I never had a contract with them Flawless. To the best of my knowledge they have fallen on other difficulties in their business and have greatly reduced their plowing fleet from last season. I don't feel like there is a conflict of interest at all, especially after being requested by the store after they dismissed my previous employer. Heck, for me it's almost like helping out an old friend that is in a bind.