1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Model of Skid Steer for 8-10' snow pusher????

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by polarplowing, Dec 18, 2005.

1. polarplowing

polarplowing Member

I was wondering what model/size of skid steer would work the best for medium to large parking lots? I am currently running a GMC Sub. w/7'6" Boss straight blade with Pro-wings and the wind row trails are a pain. So I want to get a Bobcat or Cat. skid steer with box plow/snow pusher. And help would be great. Thanks.

2. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Bobcat S250 with 2-speed!

3. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Don't get anything smaller than a 773g. i would definetly try and 8 or 9 series. The 2 speed option is great you will definetly out plow a truck

4. polarplowing

polarplowing Member

What brand is best

What brand is better? Bobcat, Case, Gehl, Cat?? And does anyone use skid steers with tracks? Thanks for your help.

5. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Go demo a Bobcat, after all my research I found them to be the best. As for a tracked model they dont push snow well at all, they cant get enough traction.

6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

its all a personal preference. just like what truck is the best. personally i like bobcat best.

7. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Get yourself a S205 Bobcat. Medium sized and price and plenty of torque to push whatever you need it too.

8. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

all the steers are pretty good. figure out if you can tow a big one. little steers and big steers all cost the same amount of money used, but towing a 7500 piece of equipment on a 2500 pound trailer on icy roads isn't for everyone.

9. tracks

My CAT tracks machines have no issues with traction. I use a custom built 8' 5" snow box. The CAT ASV track system will out push any rubber tire machine. Even my CAT 246B rubber tire machine will all four tires chained up can not push as well as my CAT 247B track machine.

Bobcats are great machines. But there track machines are no competition for a CAT ASV setup.

10. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI

yea the s-205 is good, get the 2 speed if you can