1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good LED backup lights??

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 07PSDCREW, Oct 19, 2013.

1. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I know it's not about strobes but I wasn't sure where to ask...

I'm looking to get "bright" led work lights for under the bumper of my truck. I'm sick of replacing the glass ones in the rubber casing. The LEDs are so expensive, I want to make sure I get what I want the first time. Any help or suggestions are welcome.
  2. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

3. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Wow so many choices! Not sure what to get...
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

5. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

6. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

7. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

that's a heck of a deal.
  8. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

that is a spot light do you want a spot or a flood I just bought some flood lights LED from a local place in brockton Ma east coast truck and trailer I have no installed mine yet but they are Maxima life time warranty
  9. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Good point...if I go to their eBay store, they have the same combo in a flood beam... Same price..
  10. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Been using the soundoff leds for 4 years ,have them on all of my trucks , buy the ones u can afford ,if u got it ,buy the larger watts, u get what u pay for, I have some 500, and they are plenty , but also bought some of the greater watts and they rock. Bought plenty of the so called good lights at the auto parts store and spent enough for the repairs and replacements just to buy the good ones first. The firsts one I bought they didn't have silicon around the wires on the back and they leaked, The warranty them. All are sealed really good know. Heres a link ,good warranty,no questions.U wont be disappointed . Fellow plowsite member turned me on to these, hes got pics up showing them, last year I think.

11. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

12. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

13. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

You might be able to get away floods down low but I mounted a set on my back rack and while they seem brite they do not get much light to the ground seems to get washed out Some companys make a work pattern which is a combo spot/flood i'd look into something like that
  14. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Well gents, thanks for all the suggestions! I did pick some up today. I like to be able to buy now in my hands and go. I stopped by Tucks Trucks which is also the local Fisher dealer.
    They had some cheapie lights and some good ones. I picked the ones I thought were the best for my money and I am quite pleased. They were 145.00 discounted to 110.50 out the door only because I haggled a deal. I had just spent 400$ there a week before and he knows ill be back.

They are 9 led 1500 lumens each. The other thing that sold me was the aluminum housing and stainless hardware. It felt like a sturdy light.

The old lights I had in the same spot but bolted to the lower lip of the bumper. I felt these hung down to far in that location so I drilled two new holes in the 1/4" steel bumper support bracket that is just above the bottom lip of the bumper. The bracket is all hidden and just the square part of the light hangs down. And the lights are supported in back by the hitch in case I should smash a snowbank.

15. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Strobes N More has some nice 6LED Lights that I mounted to my backrack for this year, 1260 Lumens each or something. Nice Unit.
  16. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Prior to reading this I ordered these. I'm actually going to put them directly into the rear bumper itself, so they don't hang down... for backing into snow piles reasons...
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  17. xgiovannix12

I just did this to my truck. So worth it. How much did you pay for those ? I only have 12 diode ones.
  18. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

19. xgiovannix12

20. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Hands down rigid industries D2 or the whelen nano pioneer led lamps. Smaller and brighter than all the sound off etc...regular type work lamps.