1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good idea or bad idea? to put a plow on an f250 with 4" lift and 35's"

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jfm3, Jan 28, 2005.

1. jfm3

jfm3 Junior Member

i have a 2000 F250, 4x4, psd, ext. cab, short bed with a 4" spring suspension lift and 35" tires and am thinking of putting a blizzard 810 on the truck. . . i just wanted to know if there was anyone that has a lift kit on their ford who uses it to plow. . and if they modified anything to make it work as it's designed??

i realize the higher the truck the worse it is for the plow, for instance my dad has a 1996 F350, 4x4, psd, crewcab, long bed, with olny 2.5" front leveling springs, on 35" tires, and a meyers c-8.5' plow, and when the plow is down and angled one way or the other, the side of the plow closet to the truck is riding off the ground about and inch or so. . . .

so i just figured it would have to be the same with a blizzard on my truck with 4" of lift...and wanted to know how to get around that with out putting the truck back on stock suspension and tires, or does anyone ever modified it to work. . . thank you let me know what ya's have in mind. . . .

by the way this site is cool, been looking at the site for a few weeks, and just joined today!

2. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Don't know about a Blizzard, with my Meyers, we welded an angled piece of steel on the A Frame and reinstalled the tabs on top of the new steel, that solves the problem of the edge of the plow not touching the ground (it decreases the angle of the A Frame). My 95 has a 4" lift with 33" tires. The only bad thing with big and wide tires is that it is too much tire on the ground. The best setup is big tall narrow tires.. Hope this help's you out. There are also many threads on this subject and some pictures of cures if you use the search.

3. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have a 3" leveling kit (shackle lift with factory X springs in front and add-a-leaf in the rear) and run 295/75/16's (34X13.25X16) in my 03, mine sits extremely high, its actually about 2-3" taller than a buddies truck that has a 4" lift and 35's. I had to change my mounting points on the plow and truck, they have a total drop of 8" inorder to get the A-frame level.

4. jfm3

jfm3 Junior Member

thanks for the bit of input . . . . i think if i decide to put a plow on it i'll put it back to stock

5. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

The issue is to keep the "A" frame as colse to horizontal as possible. Generally speaking 4" lift and 35" is not real bad and with some minor modifications can just about cure the problem.