1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good God, what a way to start off the season!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Forecast was 2-4 for Wednesday and an additional 1-3 into Thursday....started snowing around 7am Wed. and NEVER stopped until around 8-9pm! Ended up with 12.8" of the wet,heavy slippery stuff. Downed trees, grid lock all day, accidents everywhere. I put on around 400 miles on just my truck,lol Supposed to get another "significant" storm Tuesday-Thursday dropping another 12-18". God I hate winter!
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

.. Lake effect snow watch in effect from monday evening through wednesday morning...

The national weather service in buffalo has issued a lake effect snow watch... Which is in effect from monday evening through wednesday morning.

* locations... Northern erie... Genesee... Wyoming... And allegany counties.

* timing... Early monday evening through late wednesday morning.

* accumulations... Snow potentially accumulating one to two feet or more in the most persistent lake snows.

* impacts... Heavy lake effect snow may result in very difficult travel at times early next week.

* forecaster confidence... There remains some uncertainty with respect to the exact timing and placement of heavy lake effect snow for early next week.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A lake effect snow watch means that significant winter weather is possib
  3. snowcommander

snowcommander Junior Member

Forecast here was 2-3in. Got nothing... :realmad:
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Thats scrolling as we speak
  5. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Better you then me lol. I'm content with the really cold 1-2 inches we get. Nice and light and not a PITA.
  6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Good thing I got a v blade this year. I needed it more than once the other day
  7. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I was up your way on Friday over on Wales road. Still iffy in spots then.
  8. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

that is how the season started last winter for me round the clock till ya drop, i feel your pain. that said glad it is not me.
  9. mud

mud Senior Member

10. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Gile really got hammered.
  11. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Holy hell...50 inches of snow in 4 days...
  12. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I'd love to get a bigger snowstorm than 3 inches. Last night's projected storm for me was a BUST BUST BUST. Plowing was cancelled at the last minute.
  13. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I love small snow falls honestly. I really love the ones that we only clean up around the edges and sidewalks. Mostly hourly accounts here, my minimum is an hour, so if they want me to clean up for 5 minutes, I still get paid an hour.

It's a GREAT day when I can bill for 14 hours work in 4 hours, and do it myself instead of paying anyone else lol.
  14. hellion

hellion Member

Sweet. You need the gimmees to make up for the BS. Had 1997 F-350 7.3 diesel and it was miserly with fuel. GREAT engine, trouble free.