1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good decision, went without the tailgate....

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Grn Mtn, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

in previous years I would leave the tailgate on the truck leave the truckbox up by the cab and put the pallet up against the tailgate. jumping up into the truck got old and the lid would get in the way as I tried to load the salter.

this year I only need to carry 25 bags at a time so I took out the truck box, pushed the pallet to the back, screwed a tarp to it and put a half pallet up on end to keep the bags from falling out. I left the tailgate off and now its much easier to load the salter cause the lid flaps all the way down and I don't have to stand on the bags, plus I made a holder for the gas can and blower and a 5 gallon bucket.

sometimes you just have to look at how you do things and say, there must be a better way.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I took my tailgate off too. Easier to get in the truck to re-load plus I can see where I am backing alot easier.

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

yep, although since mine is a lowprofile, its about as wide as the tailgate, but it does allow me to scoop the snow out of the bed real easy.