1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good deal?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dlongerman, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Plowing and towing at the same time? You must have all big commercial accounts LOL.

It will be fine for plowing, power wise. How heavy is your bobcat? And how often do you haul it? It's not a diesel, but will get the job done.

Do you need a 4 door? Not a good choice for plowing, regardless of brand. Do some reading in the Chevy forum. You will see that these trucks are somewhat "plagued" by low front axle weight ratings. The crew cab eats into the axle available payload pretty badly. You can put just about any plow on it, but you need to break some rules in the process.

3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

It will definitly be up to plowing almost anything and pulling a bobcat, but 2cor is right about the 4 door. What kind of plowing do you do? If you don't go tight places or do a lot of tight turns you might be just fine with the crew cab.

4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Dead on 2COR517- IMO, plowing with a CC would be a real pain- unless all you do is lots, in which case it would be fine. The 6.0 will be more than enough power for plowing, and should be enough for pulling the bobcat. My buddy has a '07 NBS with the "new" 6.0, he pulls a bobcat with it on occasion without any troubles (like 1-2x per week), so I'd say that truck is more than up to the task!

5. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

The video said 4x4 capabilities ... What does that mean ??? Capabilities...

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

THe price they are asking for is way to much. Go buy a new 2500hd with diesel for a little more then that if you are going to spend that much for that truck.

7. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I plow driveways with a Crew Cab and its not as bad as you think. You learn how to use what you got. The 6.0 is a great engine. It will get the job done, it just wants gas to do it.

8. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I plow with an 07 Crew Cab 6.0 all the time and have never has an issue. I have a Boss VXT Plow and I am not breaking any rules by doing so. I have never been in a place I couldn't plow with it. However I am glad it is a short bed.