1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Deal?????

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Chase88, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

Hey guys, I picked this 08 sportsman 800 EFI up Monday night. I got it for 6,800 + tax & title. Brand new off the showroom floor 0 miles and hours. I thought it was a good deal, just wondering what you guys think. Oh buy the way I love the machine.

new wheeler 001.jpg

new wheeler 002.jpg

new wheeler 003.jpg

new wheeler 004.jpg

2. nhgranite

nhgranite Senior Member
    from N.H

congrats and enjoy. you'll get all kinds of opinions on polaris. some swear by them, some swear they'll never own one. i must say i like the looks of the brand new 850's.

3. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Yeah I have mixed reviews about them too. I love the feel and the sportiness of them but I never really had great luck with reliability. But regardless I think that is fairly good deal. I am looking at an 05 500 H.O which will be around 5 grand, with a plow. Get a winch and a plow on that thing too!

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Im one that isnt a big fan of polaris. but it is definetly sharp looking. are you gonna put a plow on it? I love the efi's. my friend bryan has a brand new rancher 420 that is a efi and i like. more expensive to fix but it is quick.

5. stayscool

stayscool Junior Member
    from Pa.

That machine rocks wow what a screaming deal. and i am not partial at all about polaris since i only own two of them. The power is their may the force be with you.

6. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

Thanks guys for all the good comments. It will be getting a plow and stuff this summer. I like the 850s too but couldn't bring myself to spend that much. I will keep you guys updated when I get some new stuff.

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

alright cool. dont have too much fun with it now lol.

8. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

LOL, Might have to let you know how that goes too, with some pictures.

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

hahahaha just dont break the fenders lol

10. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

Sounds like a pretty good deal. You won't be lacking for power... that's for sure.

Good luck with your new ride.

P.S. The color is really sharp.

11. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

i have a 06 800efi ...they are a mean machine...i had a 2000 500 h.o. she had over 5000 miles an 3000 plus hours...and i sold it to a buddies..an hes still abusing it...go polaris or go home:gunsfiring:

100_2047.jpg

100_2048.jpg

12. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Just don't eat the yellow snow!! ROTFFLMAO:p:p

13. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

Thanks guys again. I keep lookin at this form and seeing all your guys fourwheelers with all the good stuff. I can't wait to get mine done up. Getting alot of good ideas from all of you!

14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

start with handguards and handwarmers. I just put my new handwarmers on this morning then I went riding and man those things are nice.

15. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

hand warmers are a great add on ,i couldn't ride in the winter w/o mine.....that's for sure.;)

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya and plus you dont need gloves lol. the handguards push air over yours hands and the grips keeps your hands warm. it is nice.

17. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

Thanks, how much would they run?

18. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

I don't think that it would be too expensive. Maybe $50 to $100, again I am not sure. Aynbody that has owned a Polaris, have you found that the belts wear out fairly quick. I drove a 500 H.O for a while and went through 3 belts in the time my cousins Arctic Cat 500 went through one. It was an 07. I also had 2 04's and they burned out. Maybe I am too aggresive:D

19. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

Four of my buddy's around here have Polaris 800 EFIs. They put them to the test all the time, and don't have any trouble. That's why I went with Polaris and it was a good deal.

20. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

with most things in If you take good care of it and don't push the machine way past its limits it will treat you fine.

good luck with your quad.
    Now comes the fun part of all the different things that you can due with it or change you can make to it.

sublime out.

Hand warmer's are a great thing also.