1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good deal??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by archer39, Oct 26, 2008.

1. archer39

archer39 Member
    from PA

I am looking to buy a plow for my 93 W250 cummins turbo diesel. A guy local to me has a meyer STP 7.5 for sale. It has all the mounts wiring, lights etc. and made of High density polyethelene. he will take 425 for it. It is in good shape and has no rust on it.

would this plow fit my truck well? I don't plan on plowing nothing to large, some small driveways to make a couple of bucks. The biggest thing to be plowed would be my fire company parking lot.

is that a good price for a used plow?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

It will fit your truck if it came off the same truck. If not mounts can be really spendy.

3. archer39

archer39 Member
    from PA

i meant size wise would it fit my truck. It is coming off a 92 so it will mount the same.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a good price and as far as what you are using it for it would be okay for doing the drives but not too good for commercial.....

5. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

It would work, but most guys put a 8' on 3/4 tons

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is it a regular cab truck?

7. archer39

archer39 Member
    from PA

yes, 8ft bed, single rear wheel.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The width isn't ideal for your truck but if your just doing a few drives then it will do the job. You can always add a set of wings if need be later.

Be gentle with the plow though...your pushing a light duty plow with a heavy truck.

9. archer39

archer39 Member
    from PA

sounds good, thanks for the help. i figure for 425 bucks if i don't like it i can always resell it and get my money back out of it.