1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ch973934, Apr 3, 2008.

1. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

Okay, I'm on a limited budget being in college and just dropped $1200 in books this year (paramedic classes don't ask). But, I found this truck, went and looked at it. It's in good shape, the only problems that are there are as follows:
    http://www.aciautogroup.com/inventory.html

In inventory, the 1996 Ford F-350

-The dealership popped a brake line when they were trying to get the plow out (they will replace it for free)
    -The driver's side door handle is missing, but if you hit the unlock button the door opens (don't ask how but it does.)
    -Exhaust manifold does leak, but that's an easy fix.
    -The plow has 2 rust spots, right through the steel. 1 on the bottom right just above the cutting edge about 4"x6". The other is on the Sno-Foil, approximately 4"x9". (just add more steel)

The guy said he would sell it for $3,000. What do you guys say? It was never plowed with commercially either, it was only a long driveway in the mountain and it was the guys daily driver prior.

Thanks in advance guys for any input, it's greatly appreciated.

CH

2. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I would look around. There was a guy selling a 1999 F-250 with a decent plow that needed nothing with less miles, I think I saw it on here for like $7500. Watch the adds that pop up over summer and I think you could do a lot better than this. $7500 might be out of your budget but you could probably find a mid to late 80' ford, chevy, or dodge with a good plow and good body for not a lot more than $3000.00

3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

It doesn't look too bad for it's age. Any leaks? How does the trans shift? Does it drive good. If you can answer yes, then if it is your budget do it. When I worked at a car dealer a few years back I was told a good working 4X4 was worth $2500.

4. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

Everything is in working order, the only problems are the ones listed. The cab corners are even in good condition. Shifts well, was inspected for MA. up until earlier this year when the guy traded it in for a '04 F-250 that was on the lot. I hear what you are saying about the older trucks but I've bee looking around for about 1 1/2-2 years now. Truck seems ok to me.

Thanks for the input and if anyone else has anything let me know.

Thanks
    CH

5. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

ck to make shure the spark plugs will come out , ck the oil pan for rust, ck the gas tanks,
    replace all the brake and tranny lines , are you shure the exhaust leak is an easy fix. i would bet it needs manifolds. not easy. I personally love these trucks. and own 2 the above listed problems are very common. also ck the ball joints and ujoints

6. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

I couldn't find any fords in the inventory

7. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

Yeah sorry, it's gone. Called today and said it's gone. I'm a little ticked but whatever, that's the auto business. Looking at an F-250 on ebay now out in Worcester area, I'm sure it's going to end up going out of my price range anyways, but I'm looking.

Thanks guys,

CH