1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by snowman79, Mar 9, 2008.

1. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

Ive been looking for Dodge cummins lately and found something i might go look at in the local auto trader. Here are the deatils:
    2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab Shortbed
    Cummins Turbo Diesel
    4X4, 1 owner, 58,000 miles
    AT PW PL spray in bedliner, tow package
    AM_FM CD player, TS CC

they want 25,000 for it.
    Is this a pretty good deal? Sounds good to me..

2. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

3. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

quad cab........

4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

doesn't sound like a bad deal, i guess it depends on how clean it is.

5. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

if that truck is clean and its at least an slt it would go on our sales lot *crysler dealer* for about 32 i bet we have an 04 slt with the cummins for 28

6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Sounds about right, I would look into a new one if your financing, if you can qualify for the 0% and $3500 rebate you maybe a few thousand more and enjoy the full 100K warranty and have a brand new one!

Last year I looked at slightly used , left overs and brand new, It only cost me a bout $3k more to go brand new from used , and the left overs had the same incentives so there wasn't enough to make me want to go with the older style Cummins and 4spd Tranny.

I purchased minefrom Brad Hathaway at http://http://specials.usautosales.com/details.php?id=23790&cat=trucks&make=Dodge&listtype=html Dave Smith Motors in Kellog Idaho, well worth the flight out and the drive home, I saved nealy $5k from the NE area stealers prices , best of all I got the EXACT truck I would have ordered.

$41843, for a loaded Laraime with the heated tushy cushions! lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  7. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

i dont really want a brand new truck, it would be nice but where as im just in college, i dont have the funds to get brand new. But i need a truck for work so thats why im looking used. It still would have 42k miles left on the warranty for the motor. Im going to go look at it this weekend so but i might just keep looking around to get what i really want.