1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good deal?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by killed300ex, Mar 6, 2005.

1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

A neighbor is looking to sell a 96 dodge ram 2500 360 with a 5 spd trans and a 7.5 fisher all hydralic system (old style under the hood pully driven pump) the truck only has about 32000 miles on it. The body is in really good condition no rust ect been taken good care od mechanicly driven by an 70 year old man most of its life so it hasnt been beaten on only plowed his driveway. It comes with an in bed camper and a cap for the bed. He said he would take 6500 for the truck you guys think its worth it? Definitly going tlo go take it for a test drive just look it over see what i think but you think its a really good deal or not? Dont really need another truck but i thought it was a decent deal that i just shouldnt turn up. Looking for others apinions
    Thanks
    Evan

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Take it for a test drive. Check the clutch action. Pull the dipstick and look at it for frothiness. Smell it for a burnt smell. If that all checks out and you don't mind a manual transmission, I'd say "jump on it".

3. killed300ex

well i ended up buying it for 6500 today really nice truck should make a nice little plow truck for my needs.Drives really well and is the smaller 2500 at 7700 gvw. Looking forward to picking it up next weekend. To bad i dont think we will get any more snow to plow with it this year.
    Evan

4. Rappa

Rappa Member

Oh there will be more!!!!!!!!!! TRUST ME!

5. killed300ex

i hope so! start paying this bad boy off, or maybe start some modifications :nod:
    Evan