1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by peteo1, Apr 28, 2013.

1. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Thinking about getting a cheap plow truck. It's a '99 GMC 3/4 ton regular cab long bed. It's got somewhere around 180k miles on it. Never been plowed with and its recently inspected. It wouldn't be a daily driver and would most likely sit most of the year. Asking price is $3500. What do you guys think? What should I look for on this truck as far as trouble spots?

2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

seems a little high. Front frame cracks are popular on these too. Also check cab mounts and rockers.

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Check inside the boxing on the front of the frame, mine is rotting there from the inside out. Cab mounts, bed mounts, and how it drives.

Frame cracks really only happen with plow trucks

4. peteo1

I thought it was a little steep on the price as well. I'm thinking its worth 2000-2500. On the other hand the owner just dumped a grand into it for inspection.

5. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

Is this the old body style or the new?

6. peteo1

It's the older style.

7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

check out the one that was just listed in the for sale forum...its down you way