1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good deal??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Moose's Mowing, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

I had to piece this set up together, but all said and done I'll have $1400 in to it with a lot of running around.

Meyers:
    Truck Bracket
    Hoop
    E60 pump
    night saber lights with wiring
    touch pad controller
    7'6" ST (needs paint but good edge and no holes)
    bolts, pins and install instructions too

What do you think? I'll have to put about 300 miles on tonight after work to pick this all up, it'll be a late night but I think it'll be worth it. Going on an 04 Chevy 2500

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Sounds like a good deal better than 5gs for a new one

3. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

well, I was able to get most of it. Everything is in good shape, new valves, new seals, lights in good shape, wiring in good shape. new cutting edge. The blade needs a few welds and some paint, no biggie and no rot.

When I showed up to get the mount from a different seller, I pull in to this alley in the hood. Coundlnt find the seller. Call him and he says he's getting his kid and will be back in 10. I sat in the truck, doors locked, truck in drive, gun in hand.....55 minutes later he rolls in. I say "ok where's the mount?" He takes me over to his little junkyard and points to a wrecked Chevy 2500. "here it is" he says and I'm thinking oh Lord, it's still bolted to this truck. Truck has 4 flat tires with junk cars parked all around it sitting on soft ground. couldn't even get a jack underneath it. this "mechanic" guy comes out with a set of harbor freight deep sockets and a ryobi cordless impact. now I'm really thinking oh Lord..... he goes to work on a few bolts, was unsuccessful at all of them, then walks in to his shop. I manage to get 4 of them off and there's still 2 left far as I can tell. Me thinks a torch might speed up this process as it's now almost dark, in an alley, in the hood in East Philly. I go in to this kids "shop" and find beat to hell honda civics with hoopty wheels and fart pipes. I tell him I need his torch. he looks at me real stupid like "what's a torch". I point to a old oxy/acy setup and he says "oh, that....there's no gas in those things" now I'm mad esp since I busted my knuckles and drove 100 miles to meet this dude. I wasted almost two hours with this clown then finally told him what a moron he was and took off. Shoulda known better at my age, but those chevy mounts are $$ and for 200 bucks, I figured why not. oh well.

Luckily, the next guy I met was very knowledgeable, had everything ready to go for me in a nice neat package. he was a younger kid just starting up a plow shop and he was real proud of what he had put together for me. I was pretty impressed too. new hoses, solenoid, a few new wires, new bulbs in the lights, fluid filled up, new hardware, new pins....not a bad deal. got everything I need except the controller and truck mount for 1200. that's with a rebuilt E60, night sabers, etc etc. so overall I'm excited to get the rest of the parts and get this thing set up. hopefully I can make some $$ this winter.

thanks everybody for your help so far.

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

start praying for snow!...a lot of people thought that last year